Methodist Preschool of Pacific Palisades first opened its doors in 1945 to a class of ten students and two teachers, and with a starting budget of $60.00. The church minister at the time built a small fence around the unprotected area of what was then a tennis court, so that it could be used as the play yard. Today, more than 65 years later, our community has grown to 82 students and 20 staff members, and our facility has evolved to include intentional, welcoming, challenging and engaging spaces, both indoors and out.
Methodist Preschool (MPS) is a non-profit, private preschool serving children 2.6 to 5 years of age. We welcome all families to our program, regardless of race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or disabilities, and we strive to provide a diverse community where every child and family is celebrated and embraced. MPS is run by a Director, and overseen by a Preschool Board.
- Our core program runs from 9:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., five days per week (Monday through Friday).
- The day is evenly split between inside and outside classroom experiences.
- Children are divided into six classes, by age and gender.
- Excellent adult to child ratios. 1 adult for every 6 children, often even 1:4.
- Co-teaching teams of experienced, caring and nurturing educators lead each class.
- Teaching staff includes an Outdoor Classroom Teacher, a Gardening Specialist and a Studio Teacher.
- All children participate in weekly music and gymnastics classes.
- Extended Care is available from 8 to 9 a.m. and from 12:45 to 3:30 p.m., for an additional fee and on a "per need" or monthly basis.
- After-school Enrichment Classes held from 12:45 to 1:45 include introduction to sports, dance, martial arts, foreign language and more.
Tuition and Fees
Core Program Tuition(Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m.) is $9,650 per year.
Tuition is payable in advance, annually, quarterly, or in ten monthly payments installments. September tuition, is required to hold your child’s space for the incoming school year and is also non-refundable. June tuition of the following year will be due mid-summer and is non- refundable after December 1st of the school year in question.
Please contact the preschool office for more information on Extended Care options and prices.
Registration/Contract Fee of $125 is required yearly per child, including returning children, and is due with contract at time of registration.
A non-refundable Materials/Facility Fee of $400.00 is required yearly per child.
Tuition Reduction Fund
A Tuition Reduction Fund (TRF) is maintained, when budget allows, to assist us in meeting our philosophical commitment to socio-economic diversity. Through the TRF, the MPS Governing Board can choose to allocate funds annually to a range of new and/or continuing families representing a spectrum of financial circumstances.
If you are interested in information about MPS' Tuition Reduction Fund, please contact the Preschool Office.